We had a little smaller Christmas this year compared to ones in the past AND it was great day for all! I really think it proved to me that Christmas isn't about receiving tons of gifts. We tried to put emphasis on the spirit of giving. We made a big deal about the kids giving each other a gift. They were all excited this year about what that family member was going to think about what they got them instead of what they were going to get.
We are truly blessed to start the year together as a happy healthy family. We are very thankful to have all of our family here for Christmas this year. It is so great to have family parties with all of the family!
It seems like it comes and goes so fast. In fact I was at the store today and they were putting out Valentines candy!! I had to think about what day it was...thought Id been asleep for weeks and missed something!!
It has snowed a ton here! The kids have played in the snow so much and it seems like every day it has been a new snow storm. I told Kyle that it seemed to me to be the kind of snow we used to have when I was a kid. Doesn't everything seem bigger and better in your memory of being a kid? Or is it just exaggerated? I seem to remember things as a kid being more dramatic or something....not sure if it really was but at least I have fond memories.
I think this will be one Christmas our kids wont forget!
Have a GREAT NEW YEAR!!!
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment