Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Shaving and Potty Training

Shaving & Potty Training....you may wonder how I can use those two things in the same sentence? Well, that is because those two things are what is going on in my life right now. As we are teaching one child how to shave,while we are teaching another about the potty.

Colton (who is 14) came to me last night(very seriously) & said "Mom, I tell ya...my face was so hairy, I had to shave"

Me: (trying not to laugh) "OH, really, So did you?"

Colton: Ya, I needed to, Mackay (BFF) said that I was getting too hairy & needed to shave. So I shaved it my entire face except for my goatee (spelling???) There was a big pile of hair in the sink,but I cleaned it up for you mom.

Me: OHHH...Gosh, Thanks for cleaning up the mess. You sure look handsome :) I am wondering what he could have possibly shaved? Peach fuzz???? Ahhhh we all want to grow up too fast.

Later I told Kyle about my conversation with Colton. He smirked & said..."Does he even know how to shave? Guess I'll need to teach him"

With our 2 yr old, Kelsie-Lynn we are in FULL FORCE potty training mode this week AND it seems to be working! She is so proud of herself when she "peeps in the potty" everyone has to come & check out the "peeps" when she goes in the potty. It is all very exciting as you can well imagine. Wish us luck and if you have any magical potty training advice, please send it my way!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My sister Erin has a post on her blog all about potty training. You should check it out. If nothing else it's entertaining. http://flyfishfamily.blogspot.com/
I just had one of my little boys that I watch get dropped off with a potty chair and the statement. "we decided it's time to potty train" lol This will be the 5th this year. I am too OLD to be potty training. lol