Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Favorite things about you....

Kyle & I decided that we needed to talk to the kids about the negative behavior they are having towards one another lately. Seems like everyone is calling each other names or making fun of someone all the time. I was sooo tired of hearing them be so mean to each other. I think it is really true that you can be the meanest to the ones you love the most? I dont know why it is soooo easy to be say mean things to someone you love so much? We wouldnt be so rude to a stranger or friend so why our brother or sister?
We had an FHE Monday night. I took each child aside and asked them to tell me 3 things about everyone in the family that they liked about that person or maybe something they like to do with that person. This is a list of some of the things that they came up with.
Klayton said he liked it when his dad built fires in the back yard for "mallow roasting" also he liked it when Colton would let him come in his room.:)
Kylie said that she liked to bake cookies with Mom and to take care of Kelsie & play with her.
Colton said that Klayton was his little buddy also thanked him for sharing his PS3 with him. He thanked Dad for giving him more priviledges than Mom LOL
These are just a few things that were said during the night but everyone was so flattered & happy to know that the other person really does love them!!

I was really thinking that how many times we might think nice things about someone else but dont say them? How important it might be to that person for a kind word. I am going to try and do it more often!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

SO true!! Siblings can be so mean to each other! I didn't have any, so this is all new to me and I am amazed at the love/hate that goes on in our house! I love your idea....

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing. My girls have had their moments but for the most part they really are good friends. Nothing makes me happier than when my kids like each other.