Thursday, September 4, 2008

That is so like me..

Okay Wednesday I went to have some alone mom time and get my nails done and brows waxed,which all went well except it seemed like the gal who waxed my brows was trying to tour- cher me & I thought I was going to die. My eyes were tearing up as I walked out of the salon I took off my glasses and wiped my eyes. I jumped in my car and noticed the lady next to me was tending to her child in the back seat of her car, I made sure she wasn't getting out of her car,saw that she wasn't and started to back up.... yep right into a police car. It was too late by the time I saw the cop car in my rear view mirror. I put the car in D and pulled forward a little as the policeman walked up to my window. I rolled it down and said did I hit your car? He looked ticked so I knew the answer before he said a word. I get out of the car and my first thought is oh SHIZ!!!!! my new car and as I start to have diarrhea of the mouth....because I am over come with emotion and all I can think of is if I have wrecked my new car my husband is going to flip!! I mean we aren't allowed to eat or drink in the new car, (let alone me backing into a police officer.) Anyway I proceed to check out MY car and repeatedly say over and over again that I hope my car is okay. As the policeman laughs hysterically...you are worried about your car? What abut mine? I said hey...you dont know my husband and he is going to kill me if I have ruined our new car!!! which the policeman replies..not if I don't kill you first. (laughing I started to really think about how I was going on and on ab0ut MY car when the police officer is probably writing me a big fat ticket! Well to my own surprise he thought it was actually REALLY funny, I think he is going around the police station telling all the cops to watch out for the dumb girl driving the '09 Dodge Journey cuz she will hit you and not care at all about your car! So anyway.....I finally said is your car okay? He was like yes it is totally fine. I said well what do you want to do? He was so nice and gave me a lil' hug and said nothing I will let you go.....but let me move my car first so you don't hit me again! (by the way the people that we was questioning..possibly arresting when I hit him were all standing around laughing at me) so I was pretty embarrassed but totally lucky he was so cool and that nothing happened to my car! Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay lets move on to another day in the life of Audrey... Thursday is normal day starting except I am running a bit late and have ALOT of things to do before Klaytons BDAY party right after school. I wanted it to be really special because I knew he was bummed his dad couldn't be home for his birthday....sooo NOTE TO SELF... when new car's gas light comes on you need gas right away! (not like the van, I could drive days with the gas light on) so I end up on the side of the road calling my brother to save me and bring some gas..as he is laughing at me on the phone (sure glad I have brought so much laughter to everyone this week) so that took about 40 ,minutes out of a day that I needed extra hours in just to complete everything I needed to do. so we cut some of the "to do's" out and did just the "have to's" I called in reinforcements to finish the day...Colton decorated for the party at home, mom picked up balloons, I th0ught I was going to go crazy but didn't. The party was FABULOUS!! Kids and Klayton had a wonderful time. We played games ate cake(oh cake that was smashed in the car by a gallon of milk by the way) YAH, I must really drive crazy......the milk pretty much jumped over the side of the cake box to smash it right on top..which led to the extra trip to the store which led to the car running 0ut of gas and me being late late late for my owns sons birthday party. So it was edible but not so pretty. I tried really hard to make it special, I hope Klayton knows how much we love him and how much he makes our lives so great and fulfilling!
So I hope I make it thru tomorrow.......I mean what else could go wrong? The worst is behind me right??????????????

Oh by the way I am flying to Idaho on Sunday and will be returning to Utah with my husband on Wednesday! HIP HIP HOORAY!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Only YOU could get away with hitting a cop and not getting a ticket. LOL

Jenni said...

Wow, what a day you had! I cannot believe you hit a cop and he gave you a hug!!?? Sometimes we try to take on too much and be super moms, and things don't work out as we planned! Sounds like Klayton's party was fun though---I wish we still lived there to celebrate with ya'll!