Tuesday, September 2, 2008
A friend of mine has a great blog and I check it often so we can stay in touch. She mentioned anothe bloggers hardship and to visit the blog spot of this amazing couple who had just recently went thru a horrible tragedy & was in a plane crash. This story is truly amazing, I cried and cried when I read about what the couple are going thru and just thinking about what is to come for them and their little family. The woman in the accident has severe burns on the face and the family member was talking about how she will never look the same on the outside. A picture posted on the blog showed a wondefully bueatiful woman. Now the other things that are truly bueatiful about her will shine in other ways. I read alot of the comments on the blog and realized that clarity in life is something I dont think alot of us have? How many times have I just today looked in the mirror and thought UGGH I am so fat! I need to lose 20 lbs, dye my hair get my nails done on & on...buy more things to decorate my house, buy clothes buy stuff for the kids. What I didnt think alot about today was how lucky I am to have such an awesome family, kids husband,warm home, we are in good health. This story helped me do that. I am so grateful and thankful for all of my many blessings in life. I pray for the family in crisis to have the strength they need to get thru this terrible . It got me to thinking about what I really want in life and what I hope to accomplish while I am here. To me being a parent is the #1 priority if I dont succeed at that then nothing else really matters anyway. I hope that my girls can look up tp me when they are older and say they want to be like me, have qualities like mine. I hope I teach my boys to be loving, respectful husbands and fathers. I know I am not perfect, no one has ever been a parent before, there is no "how to" book I know I have made and will make mistakes as they grow and hopefully those mistakes will also help them in thier lives to learn from so they dont make them too. Sometimes we get so so side tracked with everything in the world. I know I feel distracted and this summer with my husband being gone and feeling alone has opened my eyes to the strength of our partnership we have together. He is the "super glue" that holds our family together. I hope to reach every dream with him, share all the sorrow and tears,enjoy our children growing. I always smile when I see old people and ask him (Kyle) when I am an old lady will you still hold my hand? His reply is always the same..YES! thru enternity. How sweet???? I wonder if I take enough time during the day to "take it all in" will I remember how Kelsie laughed, how she sings to every song on the radio.. and the silly things she said today or how she looked with toothpaste in her hair? Or how Kylie smiles so sweet or how she loves pink ribbons in her hair? Klayton's excitement over turnging 7 years old. How he wanted to invite every child in the block to his party so he wouldnt hurt any ones feelings... or how Colton was concerned over a girl in his class may not like him... and this was all just today!! How do you let all of that sink in so you never forget? We are so blessed.. I am so blessed. I want to Thank Jenn for posting the link to the blog with the heart felt story of love and family I really neeeded the reminder. I am going to pass the link along to anyone else, It was a truly moving experience for me. Thanks again Jenn I love ya!!! My heart and prayers are with the Nielson Family http://blog.cjanerun.com/ and also http://www.nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's amazing to me still that this one woman has such a profound impact on hundreds of people. I know it's affected me, I have definitely stopped to reflect and to get my priorities in order! The little worries and concerns I have these days seem so insignificant now. I can't tell you how many times I open up CJane's blog and just cry over her beautiful posts---she truly has a gift for writing, don't you think?
Thanks so much for this post! I miss you lots! I wish we could have hung out more when I was in town, but I agree that blogging is a great way to stay in touch!!
Does Kyle get to come home this weekend???
Post a Comment