Friday, May 7, 2010

For the love of Green!

This is the best "Before" picture I could find. The actual entire table was oak.
I always wanted to paint the table, black was my first thought but it was not unique enough idea for me. GREEN is the color for me! This project took a long....long time. It started out as a 3 day project idea. One day to sand one day to paint and one day to distress. Not even close! Try over a week and a half. The top of table was stained to better match our cupboards and so were the seats on the chairs. I did heavy distressing and added some glaze, polyurethane to top it off. I LOVE LOVE IT!! (Oh and I painted the bar stools to match)





It is so country, unique & ME!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What color of green did you use?

Stephanie said...

Yes.......please tell us what Brand and color of green paint did you use?

Debilou ~ Mississippi Mama said...

I love how you did the table,, the color is fabulous.

KresserKlan said...

It is Echo Green/Behr Paint all in one paint plus primer. It is from Home Depot. I then covered it with Ralph Lauren Smoke Glaze from the Home Depot too! Its so fun! Thanks for checkin it out!