Sunday, November 30, 2008

Christmas Tradition

For as many years as I can remember we have been cutting down our Christmas Tree.
Here is the story for this Christmas adventure.
We headed out in our trusty dually sleigh with our 4 wheelers in tow. We made the hour drive thru the woods to Daniel's Canyon which is just above Heber.
As we traveled down the dirt road it soon turned to a muddy road then quickly to an icy one.
When we couldn't go any further up the hill we tried to navigate back down, needless to say that didn't work,we were sliding all over the place. Our trailer hit the side of the mountain & we were stuck in the middle of the road. Kyle & Colton unloaded all of the 4 wheelers with the help of a nice couple riding by stopped to help us. (not like they had a choice, there was no way around us) what seemed like hours went by...we were finally un-stuck!! YEAH!!!
I started bundling the kids up with all the winter gear so we could hop on the wheelers & take off. When I realized that I couldn't find my coat and it was freezing!!! My lovely daughter admitted that she did not put it in the truck like I had asked her to and it was sitting at home on the floor. Sooooo..... I stayed with the truck, (I was kind of glad because it was so darn cold)
Off Kyle & the kids went to find the perfect tree. Soon they returned with Kylie who was too cold to continue so her and Kelsie-Lynn stayed in the truck with me while the boys went back up the mountain. About 20 minutes later the boys were back but with no tree. Kyle said that the oil in the chain saw was so thick due to the cold & it just wouldn't start.
Everyone wanted to give up and go home. We packed it up and headed for home.
This is the first year we have went Christmas tree hunting & didnt come home with a tree.
Kids said they had fun in spite of the cold temperatures & being stuck in the icy snow.

This year will be our first year with a fake tree!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

That's quite the adventure Audrey!! And that is exactly why we do the pre-lit fake trees! I just light up my pine scented scentsy and it smells just like real!