Thursday, October 9, 2008

What it feels like to be me!

As many of you know I work from home.
Thursday evening's are I am on call to answer the phones.
The stress level on Thursdays is always way over & beyond what it should be.
I told Kyle that he HAD to do certain things on Thursday nights affective immediately. (OK so I said it nice) but he listened.
SOOOOO tonight he had to cook dinner,
help 3 kids with homework,
give the baby her bath,laundry duty,
clean up from dinner,vacum,
plus somewhere in that time have a shower.

He came to my office downstairs later in the evening
to let me know exactly what he had accomplished.
He was so proud that the kitchen was clean, dishes were done,
kids homework was complete, laundry put away,PJ's on kids.....
the list went on and then he
SIGHHHHHED.................................

I said "OH Honey,how does it feel to be me??"
He gave me a kiss.

(Okay, I do have to say that dinner was delicious,the house was clean,kids were happy.)

Side Note: We went to buy a dishwasher last night
but realized that we could not buy a dishwasher
AND pay our tithing this week.
We decided to keep our commitment to the lord to pay tithing.
Even th0ugh this ment washing dishes by hand for another month.

Tonight Kyle said he wanted to clean the dishwasher (kind of smelly for sitting so long)
He pushed some buttons,messed around with it and it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can we all say testimony of tithing?????

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Wow! What a great hubby you have for taking on all those duties for you on Thursdays! (With no complaining either?!) And WOW on the dishwasher coming to life---it's amazing the blessings that will be ours if we are faithful! Great story, thanks for sharing!

Kaibear said...

I needed to hear that one :) Thanks for posting!