Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Get a little personal...........

I had a "surprise" baby girl 2 1/2 years ago.
I am embaressed to say that I was kind of bummed to be preggers again.
Embaressing because for years we had tried to have babies but could'nt & here was this wonderful surprise and I almost was too surprised to enjoy it.
But when school started this September I packed up the other 3 kids for school,waived goodbye,gave kisses and went home with my now 2 1/2 year old "surprise"
and cried as I thought what would I do with out you????
It is just her and I as all of the other kids are in school all day.
I couldnt believe where the time had gone but it was gone.
I promised never again to be a "basket head" mother and live in the moment. I set time aside every day to play on the floor with my little "surprise' as I know all too well that time is unforgiving and soon I will be waiving goodbye,giving her kisses and going home.....alone.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Truer words have never been spoken.

Time flies and one day us moms will look back and wonder where it went!
Sure we spend time with our little ones--everyday--but it's not always QUALITY time, and that's what they'll remember the most.

I just hope that I can look back one day and not have any regrets about how I spent my time with them while they were young!
Something I need to work on!

Unknown said...

That was sweet. Thanks for sharing,

E. Tyler Rowan said...

Aw, you made me tear up. I feel the same way about my little surprises - 3 out of 5 caught us off-guard, lol. ;)

Thanks for stopping over and sharing your food costs with me! I think I'll have to travel to your neck of the woods to get toilet paper - $4.99 is one GOOD price!

Blessings,
Tyler