Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Today...

Today kyle left for Idaho and he will be gone for 10 weeks. Layton is constructing a bridge in Boise. He is staying in a "bachelor pad" with some of the guys from work. I am here holding down the fort with the kids. I got a good start today with watering the lawn and all flowers,weeding & smoothing out the new gravel in the playset. I was feeling pretty good about being an all around girl until one of the heads in the sprinkler system broke and water was going everywhere. I have no clue how to fix it so I rigged up another sprinkler with some pvc pipe from the garden, Ive been watering the lawn irrigation style moving it all over one section at a time. I think it will be a ong summer...
Kylie was especially sad to see her daddy go, she cried alot, I assured her we would try to visit him in a few weeks. In the mean time I am going to do everything that my husband hates me to do while he is away.... I actually cant wait to get to it all!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

It's not easy doing the single mom thing! I would have had no idea how to fix the sprinkler, I think I would have gotten someone else to do it for me!! Post before/after pics of the projects you're gonna do!!

Unknown said...

Call your home teachers!! lol