Monday, August 10, 2009

Where did the summer go?

Do you remember going back to school after the summer was over when you were a kid?
I know I do.
Its the first day of school, new clothes,new kids,new teacher.
Without fail at the first of every year the teacher will ask every student."
What did you do this summer? "
I listened to kids talk about going to Disneyland or some other grand vacation.
I was always the kid who said (without fail) every year "We went camping"
Now camping is great, don't get me wrong...but every summer, every year for your entire childhood? Nothing new EVER to tell the class on the first day of school?
This got me to thinking tonight about our summer so far this year.
How will MY children answer to this infamous first day of school question?
I cant think of one fun thing we have done all summer!!
The guilt is pouring on pretty thick at this point as I scramble to think of some last minute fun before school starts.
What should we do??
I started to look online to try & find a fun adventurous place to go!
Did you know you can go to Wheeler Historic Farm & you can pay 50 cents to do chores?
Ummmm... Hello! We can do those for free right here at home.
So I kept looking further....
This Is The Place Heritage Park offers the same type of fun but with an old world twist, you can do wash board laundry, beat the rugs or water the garden.
All of that fun is included in the entry fee of $6.00 (at least a pony ride is included with that deal)
So it may appear after all that we have had all the fun we can handle right here at home..
And it was all free!!
So needless to say I have not been successful in my search for summer fun.
Maybe you know of something fun to do you could share with me?

1 comment:

Jenni said...

We did the Bingham Copper Mines which were fun--and free! Also, up at Snowbird they have package deals on tram rides/alpine slides/giant trampolines and I heard it's pretty inexpensive. I always wanted to do a river rafting trip--like Moab, or even down Provo river! There's always Lagoon or Seven Peaks water park---both overpriced if you ask me! A mini vacation at a local hotel is kind of fun too--like up in SL then you could spend the day at Temple Square and get some Lion House Rolls!! Yum!

Good luck! I can't wait to hear what you end up doing!!