Sunday, May 3, 2009

Home is not a place, its a feeling...


One of my favorite blogs Kellys Korner is having a kitchen share day...we are in the process of moving and I only have one picture of our kitchen and it isn't the best picture. As I have been packing up our life in on Rosemary to move to our new life on Silver Lake. Alot of memories come to my mind of past years in this home, children were born during the years we lived here, birthday parties, Christmas,Thanksgiving shared around our table. It brings me to tears as the boxes are stacked up in the corner. One evening I was praying earnestly and frustrated about not being able to get the house that I wanted. Until it came to me that I was praying for god to please let me have this ONE certain home and what I really needed to be praying for was to be directed to the home/area that would be best for our family. After I changed my "controlling prayer" to please lord direct us to where we need to be and let god lead the way, we quickly found the place we were looking for that fits perfectly with our family. It has given me much peace in my heart to be able to move my sweet family to a new place. So here is the kitchen. I think I am addicted to Texas stars because I have at least 5 in my house. Never been to Texas so I am not sure what that is all about. I LOVE fresh flowers on the table, I try to have flowers each week to enjoy. The hutch was my mothers, it doesn't fit very well in the kitchen but I like it and that is what matters, right?! The table I bought second hand and it was a great deal and I saved alot of money which makes me VERY happy.
I painted the wall around the fridge a cranberry red color a few years ago and made my curtains from table runners. Well there ya go you all! Thanks for stopping by:)
HOME IS NOT A PLACE ITS A FEELING!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Ashley McWhorter said...

Thanks for stopping by! Always fun to "meet" new blog friends. I hope you enjoy your new home. Post pictures when you get a chance.

Becky O said...

I am so happy you have found the right home for you and your family. Now time for the joy of moving (sarcasm intended). It can be tough to leave behind the house you have shared so many memories, but the memories come with you. Love the kitchen.

Jenni said...

I left my house with a heavy heart and many tears, but it was far and away the best thing we could have done for ourselves. We didn't know what life had in store for us at that point, just that we needed to move on, and we have been so blessed because of it. I know you will be too! I wish I could be there to help!

Unknown said...

Cool Idea I am going to have to try it. Congratulations on your new house. I can't wait to see it.

Kim said...

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know if you paint your island red - I'm so glad I did even though it was a difficult decision.

Also, you might want to check out the Nester blog (on my side bar), she has an awesome e-book she is offering for FREE about decorating!