Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Turkey Day


For over the past week it seems like all I have been doing is to get ready for the big day. Almost everything I do has something to do with what will go on with this special day.

The special day that seems to have WAY too much work associated with it. I have shopped,talked about it prepared for it by cleaning the fridge,stove,freezer,mopped floors,cleaned bathrooms,shopped,thought about it,planned for it,discussed it again, oh and yes, shopped some more. The day before the day I will prepare for it some more by baking pies,apple,pumpkin,cherry,key lime,chocolate,banana cream. I will also make a rainbow jello for my kiddos to eat & bake home made rolls. Then clean my house allot more and most likely...yes, go to the store for something I forgot. Or maybe this time send Kyle.

Alright so the day OF Turkey Day must get up wayyyy early to prepare a turkey to go in the oven. Maybe go back to bed after that part is done. (I can wish right?)

Clean house some more.....oh and make relish tray,peel a hundred potatoes,make green been casserole for Kyle (his fav) gravy,stuffing,prepare & set table,drinks (non-alcoholic but at this point I'm thinking about becoming an raging alcoholic) Oh yes, where was I?

Soon after it will be time to try to get myself presentable...a little makeup & hair do. Get kids dressed and ready. Family members start to show up to eat the wonderful (hopefully yummy) dinner I have prepared. Which is done,over in about 20 minutes. WOW!!Good thing because I need a nap! Not so fast..... I have every dish in my house to wash,tables to clear, left overs to put away,more cleaning to do.

Remind me why we have Thanksgiving again??? Oh ya...because of the sweet memories with the ones we love that we remember the rest of our lives. I guess Turkey Day is kind of like child birth,we forget all the pain and trouble because the reward is so worth it.

And yep, we end up doing it again!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my dear friends this holiday season!!!!!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I have one word for you: DELEGATE

Why are you doing all the cooking??? Make food assignments!! As for us, we're going out for dinner this year!