Monday, May 5, 2008

Never a dull moment!!

This weekend we so eagerly cleaned up our yard of all the tumbleweeds that have blown into it the past few storms. Pulled weeds, mowed lawns etc. We piled them all up on the trailer to later haul them to the dump. We felt like we had accomplished alot this weekend. We took some well deserved rest Sunday after dinner. Later in the evening we put the kids to bed. Kyle and I smelled smoke but didnt think too much of it because farmers have been burning ditches the last few weeks... I suggested that we sit on the patio and enjoy the cool evening. I went to check on the kids one last time. Klayton wanted something from the basement so I trugged downstairs to find it. While on my search I could hear Kyle yelling but I couldnt make out what he was saying so I angruly came up the stairs ready to yell at him for waking up the kids!
Then I heard him.. he said AUDREY!!!TURN ON THE HOSE THE TRAILER IS ON FIRE!! I looked out the back door and all I could see was orange flames coming from the side of the house! I raced back in,gathered up all the kids and ran outside to our meeting spot. We could see the flames rising over the fence. I worried the Ericksons house would catch on fire. I ran next door pounding on the door (in my G's) Jenny said Do you need help? I was like YES!!!! This entire time I am talking on the phone with the 911 operator. Asking her WHERE IS THE FIRETRUCK?? WE LIVE BY THE FIRE STATION!!! she replied the were already out on a call and were on the way. It seemed like an eternity. Kyle had the fire under control by the time the fire dept. made it there. The tumbleweeds and grass were just a blazing!! They did an invstigation, took pictures and everything. We arent exaclty sure what started the fire BUT we are so lucky & very blessed that the fire stayed contained in the trailer and didnt burn our home,fence or any other houses. We all hugged each other a little tighter last night and the kids will probaly be sleeping in our room for the next month! It was quite a scare!

No comments: